The supreme decision-making authority of FIRST BANK S.A. is the General Meeting of Shareholders (“GMS”). GMS may be ordinary or extraordinary.
Ordinary GMS must be held at least once a year, within the maximum period provided by law for the financial year.
The Ordinary GMS has the following responsibilities:
- Discuss and approve the annual financial statements (balance sheet, income statement, statement of changes in equity, statement of cash flow) based on the annual report submitted by the Board of Directors (“BoD”) and the report submitted by the financial auditor and decide on the distribution of profits.
- Appoint and dismiss the Board of Directors members and ensure the inclusion in the Board of Directors of an appropriate number of experienced non-executive members in order to meet the duties regarding internal control.
- Define the remuneration of the Board of Directors members.
- Discharge the members of the Board of Directors of their liability with respect to the previous fiscal year activities
- Appoint or replace the Chairman and the members of the Audit Committee.
- Appoint or replace the financial auditor for each fiscal year.
- Approve the financial budget for the next fiscal year.
- Approve the corporate strategy.
- Discuss and decide on other matters on the agenda.
The Extraordinary GMS must be held as often as necessary to make a decision in order to:
- Change the legal form of the Bank.
- Approve the relocation of the headquarters.
- Approve the change of the object of activity.
- Change the duration of the Bank or proceed to the early dissolution of the Bank and opening of insolvency proceedings of the Bank, according to the applicable legal provisions.
- Increase or reduce the share capital or complete it through issuance of new shares
- Merge with another company or spin-off, split or de-merge the Bank.
- Decide on the establishment, modification or dissolution of subsidiaries.
- Decide on the acquisition or sale of the Bank’s participations in other entities.
- Convert the shares from one category to the other or a class of bonds in another category or in shares.
- Approve any potential acquisition, alienation, lease, exchange or setting guarantees on the assets owned by the Bank, whose value exceeds half of the carrying amount of the Bank’s assets.
- Approve any amendment to the Articles of Association.
All shareholders may attend the general meetings of shareholders, in person or by means of a representative. Shareholders can be represented at the General Meeting of Shareholders based on a special power of attorney lodged with the Bank by at least 2 (two) working days before the relevant meeting.
The Board of Directors of First Bank S.A. makes available to First Bank shareholders the documents following to be discussed in the Extraordinary General Meeting of the Shareholders, at the registered office of the Bank, located in România, Bucharest, 29-31 Nicolae Titulescu Blvd, 1st sector. The supportive documents are available to First Bank shareholders in Athens room, 1st floor, every day from 9:00 to 17:30, until both meetings are held.
- Summons the Ordinary and Extraordinary General Meeting of the Shareholders at the date of March 11th, at 11:00, respectively 12:00 - summoning
- Summons the Ordinary General Meeting of the Shareholders at the date of October 19th - summoning
- Summons the Ordinary General Meeting of the Shareholders at the date of August 27th - summoning
- Summons the Ordinary General Meeting of the Shareholders at the date of June 19th - summoning
- Summons the Extraordinary General Meeting of the Shareholders at the date of April 12th - summoning
- Summons the Ordinary and Extraordinary General Meeting of the Shareholders at the date of March 05th - summoning
- Summons the Ordinary and Extraordinary General Meeting of the Shareholders at the date of May 03rd - summoning
Our dedicated staff is at your disposal for any information. Telephone: 021 / 303 69 69 or Toll free: 0800 801 802.